It is the complete loss of muscle function for one or more muscle group. It is most often caused by damage in the nervous system. It causes loss of feeling or loss of mobility in the affected area.
Paralysis According to Ayurveda:
It is caused to ‘Vata Vyadhi’ disorder. It is called as Paksaghata, Paksha Vadha and Ekanga Vata in ayurveda.
Types of Paralysis
- PARAPLEGIA: It occurs due to injury of spinal cord and occurs in both the legs and disturbed bladder functions.
- HEMIPLEGIA: It involves one side of body. It affects face and legs. It is caused by disease of the opposite hemisphere of the brain.
- MONOPLEGIA: It involves one side of body.
- POLIOMYELITIS: It is caused by infective virus which affects the central Nervous system.
Home Remedies for Paralysis
- Ashwagandha powder 1tsp 1gm+VataVidhwansana Ras 1gm+chopcheeni churna 1gm +pippli moola 1gm should be taken thrice daily.
- Rasanadi quath 20 ml daliy twice/day.
- Vrihat Vat chintamani Ras 25mg, Ashwagandha chuma 1gm. Once a day daily.
- Rasanjan vati 125mg at night with milk.
- Panchakarma along with oral medication.
- Ayurvedic therapies like Abhyanga, swedan, Nasyam, karnapoornam, snehapana, Virechana, shirodhara, pichu, vasti.
- Diet and life style modifications are necessary.
- Along with these remedies a strict neuro consultant advice is also to be taken.