It may be characterized as a paroxysmal sickness. In extreme conditions, it occurs ordinarily on one side of the head, connected with disorders of digestion, the liver and the vision. Patients who experience migraine are intelligent, sensitive and have a tendency to be perfectionist. In Migraine head and neck muscles get exhausted by extreme stress. These tight muscles press the route supply and reduce the blood stream, causing intense of pain.
Causes of Migraine:
- Low blood sugar
- Unreasonable admission of certain pills.
- Lack of nutrition
- Low vigour
- Busy schedule and disgraceful rest
- Extreme smoking and drinking
- Feminine cycle
- Pain starts from one side of head and emanates from the eye.
- Migraine attacks are often at times of depression, stress
- Irritability and loss of appetite
- In some cases nausea, vomiting.
According to Ayurveda
Migraine attacks are due to Imbalance of tridoshas
Migraine from Vata Imbalance:- Tension, sadness, dry skin, extreme pain and constipation.
Migraine from Pitta Imbalance: Blazing sensation, peevishness, outrage, light affectability and effect on eyes.
Migraine from Kapha Imbalance:- Dull headache, heaviness, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, excess salivation respiratory disorders.
Avoid hot, spicy foods, sharp or citrus apple and oranges. Have a diet full of vegetable juices, fruit juices and grapes.
Treatment for Vatta dosha
- Triphala as a purgative
- Jatamanshi, brahmi
- Shirodhara (Hot oil head massage)
Treatment for Pitta Dosha
- Avoid hot and spicy foods
- Pitta alleviating eating
Treatment for Kapha Dosha
Trikatu, brahmi, tulsi tea, eucalyptus oil, heaving workout, shirodhara