Ayurvedic massages supplies proper circulation, which helps body to rejuvenate and to grow. It gives relaxation and eliminates unwanted toxins from body. It helps all the systems of our body physically. Also it helps to remove energies that store past tensions and emotional problem from mind. Our massage technique provides relaxation, elimination of toxic and helps in proper circulation. Ayurvedic doctors developed a special system of their own that contained knowledge of Ayurvedic system of medicine. Traditional Indians massage is based on ‘Doshas’ and ‘marmas’ these are pressure points. These massages are should only be done under supervision of an ayurvedic doctor.
Marmas- Indian Reflexology
Marmas should be understood as function of the organic principles: ligaments, muscles, bones and joints. The four type of vessels are nerves, lymph, arteries and veins. By making a gentle circular movements with either the forefinger or the middle finger on a marma, toxics eliminates form body.
Ayurvedic Massage Oils
These disperse heat evenly through the body and eliminates friction. This provides nutrients for skin and gives strength to hair follicles. Application of oil to navel before sleep cures dryness of whole body. And when medicated oils are applied at function of spine and skull, these calm the nervous system, strengthen memory and eyesight is also improved.
Massage oils for children and women: 4 cups of sesame oil, and 2 tablespoons of jasmine, wheat germ oil and almond oil.
Massage oil for men:- 4 cups of sesame oil, 2 tablespoons of mustard oil, half teaspoon of asafoetida. Filter the mustard oil, then add 3 tablespoon of turmeric powder and cook until turmeric turn dark brown. Then add to the sesame oil.
Aggravited Dosha primary oil massages
- Vata sesame oil
- Pitta coconut oil
- Kafa Mustard oil or olive oil
- Babuna (chamomile ) oil is used for relief of muscular pains. Coriander oil removes excess body heat.
- Ubtan Indian beauty massage: 40 days of cause, includes specific diet, herbal teas, bath and relaxation
- Ubtan Ubtan’ is a paste prepared from nuts, flowers and oils. By giving massage ‘Ubtan’ paste is removed in a cold water bath.
Full Body ‘Ubtan’:
- 4 table spoon chickpea flower
- 2 tablespoon of almond oil
- 1 table spoons of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of fenugreek powder
- 1 teaspoon of wheat germ oil
- ¼ teaspoon of rose oil.
- 1 tablespoon of almond paste
- 1 tablespoon cashew paste
- One and half teaspoon of pistachio paste
- 1 tablespoon of wheat germ oil
- ¼ cup hed
- 1 tablespoon malai
- 1 tablespoon of rose water